- 1 1/2 cups medium grind cornmeal
- 1/2 cup paleo baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons salted european butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pre heat oven to 350 F, with skillets
- mix dry ingredients
- mix in wet ingredients
- fill skillets with batter
- bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
yield: 2 6” skillets
i thought buckwheat flour was my problem, and so with this batch, i subbed in paleo baking flour. a slight improvement, but overall it didn’t make all that much of a difference.
the color and cut are nicer, but the flavor still isn’t there, and the texture is too moist. it turns to a slurry after only a chew.